Sunday, May 6, 2018

May the Fourth Be With You!

Happy May the Fourth! Well, it's now May 6th, but this past Friday was May the Fourth (i.e. Star Wars Day), and two days off is close enough. Right? Right.


I love Star Wars (if you couldn't tell), and so today I'm sharing some of my favorite science fiction books that I'd recommend, if you like Star Wars. Off we go!


Alienated (Alienated, #1)  Invaded (Alienated, #2)  United (Alienated, #3)

I love this series! I still need to read United, but Alienated and Invaded are such great books. Aliens, planets, intergalactic drama - definitely good for Star Wars fans!

Starflight (Starflight, #1)  Starfall (Starflight, #2)

Starflight is so Star-Wars-y, it's awesome. Not in a cut/paste way, but in a way that makes you want to reread the book and do a Star Wars marathon. Starflight is one of my favorite books of all time!

Avalon (Avalon, #1)  Polaris (Avalon, #2)

Who doesn't love a story about a good thief, set on a ship in space? Jeth reminded me of Han Solo. The Avalon duology is one of my favorites and no, not just because of the amazing covers!

  Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2)  Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3)

Everyone has heard of this series, right? It's one of the best YA sci-fi series out there. Lots of space-y action, robots, incredibly advanced technology, and high stakes. Plus, it's written in meta-fiction form. I'm excited to see what else these authors come up with, in the YA sci-fi world!

Heart of Iron (Heart of Iron, #1)

I actually didn't totally love Heart of Iron (I thought it was a bit boring), but the concept was really cool and definitely had Star Wars vibes. There is a droid protagonist, which was neat!

Honor Among Thieves (The Honors, #1)

This co-written novel is very unique and creative! There is plenty of space travel and aliens in this book. The ship is a super important character in the book - yep, you read that correctly!

Leia: Princess of Alderaan

I actually haven't read this book, but I've heard great things about it, and I have a copy. Anything Leia-related is awesome. Carrie Fisher, we miss you!


What are some of your favorite Star-Wars-y books (YA or otherwise)? Have you read any of the ones that I've listed? What are other science fiction books that you might recommend to me?

12 comments:

  1. Great post Alyssa!! I absolutely loved both Starflight and Honor Among Thieves, although I wasn't a huge fan of Starfall. I still haven't had the chance to read Avalon, but if you say its kinda like Hans Solo then I definitely need it in my life.

    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read the Illuminae books but they're SO good. I would highly recommend the Class 5 trilogy by Michelle Diener.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to treat this like a recommendations list since I've only read the Illuminae Files. I mostly read adult sci-fi, but love YA sci-fi, too. In July, The Loneliest Girl in the Universe is coming out and that looks like a good space sci-fi, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I loved the Avalon duology books too and they have such a Star Wars vibe! And Heart of Iron too! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I don't read a ton of sci-fi, but I DO really love Illuminae and Gemina - need to read Obsidio soon.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked These Broken Stars, and The 100!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy May the 4th to you as well! Of this list, we've only read Illuminae & Gemina and it's amazing! We're hoping to read Obsidio soon. The Starbound triology is a good series :)

    ~ Luna & Saturn @ Pendragons

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you read any Star Wars books? Some of the new canon stuff is really good. And Claudia has quickly become one of my favorite Star War authors. Her "Leia: Princess of Alderaan" is really good, and so is her "Star Wars: Lost Stars"! That one's a YA about two friends who grow up and fall in love but one becomes an officer for the Empire and the other joins the Rebel Alliance. Highly recommended!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the Illuminae series and I hope more books come out like this style it was fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate that I still haven't read Starfall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to get around to getting Illuminae!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eee, YAY for being a fan of Star Wars :D I have not seen any of the movies, ahhh. BUT SOON. <3 Probably ;) And yesss for so many great sci-fi books :D I have read most of these too, haha. <3 Lovely post Alyssa :) Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!